A gender reveal party is organised to reveal the sex of the future baby during pregnancy. This is a trend that has become increasingly popular in recent years. Finding out the sex of your baby is very exciting, and telling your family and friends is an experience you will never forget.
If you have just announced your pregnancy and you want to organise your gender reveal, read on to find out how to plan this event the easy way!
1. Decide on the ideal moment
First, decide when you will announce the sex of your baby. Most people celebrate the gender reveal party in the second or third trimester of pregnancy, as this is when the doctor is usually able to tell you the sex of the baby.
Also, choose a date that suits most of the guests, especially the mother-to-be (if she is not the one organising the party).
2. Choose your venue
You can organise the gender reveal at home, in a park, or any other place you consider appropriate. Ensure the venue is spacious and accommodates the number of guests you expect.
3. Prepare the invitations
Try to send invitations to your gender reveal about four to six weeks in advance so that guests have time to reserve the date.
Also, include in the invitation a brief description of what a gender reveal is for guests who don’t know. Take the time to inform guests about the food that will be served and whether it will be a formal or informal party, as these events can take many forms.
4. Decide on the theme
Once the date is set and the sex is known, it’s time to have fun! Most gender reveal events stick to the classic pink and blue theme: cocktails, napkins, decorations and pink and blue games.
You can even divide your guests into pink and blue teams and organise competitions between them. There are also many popular gender reveal themes for gender reveal parties to choose from. Choose a theme you like that reflects your personality and tastes. You can choose a theme based on the season, your favourite colour or any other theme you like.
Use colours and decorations that match the theme to decorate the gender reveal venue. You can buy ornaments in a shop or make them yourself.
5. Find an original way to reveal the baby’s sex
Of course, the big reveal is the highlight of your event. Therefore, be sure to plan it carefully.
There are many ways to tell the sex of a baby. Choose the one that suits you best. These are some of the most popular forms of telling the sex of a baby:
- Make or order a cake with white icing on the outside and pink or blue icing on the inside. When the cake is cut, the sex of the baby will be revealed, and everyone will receive a sweet treat! If you order the cake, you can deliver the envelope with the sex of the baby directly to the bakery. You can also do it with cupcakes and let everyone have a bite at the same time. There are lots of cute and fun cake ideas for the festive season.
- Ask a friend to fill a sealed box with pink or blue helium balloons. When the box is opened, the balloons will float out and reveal the sex of the baby. If you are not very handy, you can buy a ready-made gender reveal box.
- Another option is to fill a piñata with pink or blue confetti and open it at the party to reveal the sex of the baby.
- Sex-revealing confetti cannons are fun and have a great effect. You can also give confetti cannons to all your guests.
6. Prepare food and drink
Prepare snacks and drinks for guests. Gender reveal parties don’t usually last long. People often arrive, witness the moment when sex is made known and then go home immediately. Although this does not require a meal, offering snacks or sweets is always a good idea. Typical examples include cupcakes filled with blue or pink, pink and blue glazed doughnuts, pink and blue dipped strawberries and themed drinks. Also, prepare cocktails with your chosen theme for your guests.
7. Think about activities for guests
At a gender reveal party, you can ask guests what sex they think the baby will be.
You could ask guests to guess the sex of the baby on arrival and give them a blue or pink drink or accessory, depending on their answer. To make the bet more interesting, you can organise a raffle where guests win a small gift if they guess correctly. Depending on their intuition, your guests can also come dressed in pink or blue.
Plan games and activities for guests to enjoy. You can choose board games, quizzes, drawing competitions or karaoke.
8. Don’t forget to take pictures
Make sure to take pictures of the gender reveal party to capture the key moments and keep the memory of the event.
You can hire a professional photographer or videographer for the event or ask a friend to take the photos. To give the photos a personal touch, use an instant camera, such as a Polaroid, and ask guests to write messages to the baby on the back of the photos.
And enjoy the party! In short, hosting a gender reveal party requires preparation and organisation, but it is a unique experience for you and your guests. Relax and enjoy the event with your family and friends.
With Weezevent, organise your events with peace of mind thanks to quick and easy options such as online registration and attendee management.